Socials are practice dance opportunities. We have 2 types; one based more on Country and Swing style dancing and another that is a full mix of all types of partner, lead/follow style dancing. Although, don’t be surprised to see a line dance or 2 thrown in to either dance. No partner necessary, these dances are open to the public. Both dances run from 8p-10:30p and are $12 per person. While we try to hold these dances every month, sometimes travel schedules don’t allow us to. Be sure to check this page or the current month’s calendar on the Calendar page to be certain on dates.
- 2nd Saturday Swing’n Country Social: This dance is a mix of West Coast Swing and Country Two Step music for Social Dancing with DJ Mel Denis. You can expect a mix of about 40% WC Swing, 40% Country Two Step and 20% other country dances like, lines dance, waltz, nightclub, cha cha, ECS, etc.
- 4th Saturday Social: Mix of Ballroom, Latin, Country & Swing music for Social Dancing with DJ Mel Denis.
You can register online up to 24 hours prior to the dance at the link above. After that, you will need to pay at the door. Paying at the door is always an option. Pre-registration is NOT required, but letting us know you are coming is a courtesy we appreciate. *Please note: we are NOT offering any refreshments at this time. You must bring your own water or other beverages of choice, as well as any snacks if you need them. Thanks for your understanding.
Both dances are held at the North Bend Clubhouse located at 5837 Mapleridge Road, Raleigh, NC 27609. Limited parking is available at the clubhouse, as well as parking on Mapleridge Rd. Enter the blue door closest to the parking lot.
Country’n Swing Dance:
- Saturday, February 12th, 2022; 8p-10:30p
- Saturday, March 12th, 2022; 8p-10:30p
4th Saturday Social:
- Saturday, January 22nd, 2022; 8p-10:30p
- Saturday, February 26th, 2022; 8p-10:30p
- Saturday, March 26th, 2022; 8p-10:30p