*To register for a Series, click on the link by the class dates, Be sure to select the “Series” tab (if you are not already there). Select the class you want to attend. On the next screen you should see all the dates listed with check marks by them. Scroll to the bottom of that box and click “Next.” On the next screen your should see a list of packages and to the far right and blue button that says “Continue to last step.” If you are registering yourself and another, select “6 Week Course” to add another course to your shopping cart. If not, or when you are finished be sure to click “Continue to last step” to finish your registration.
West Coast Swing Series:
- L102 West Coast Swing – Flavors Series: This newcomer class is geared toward the dancer wanting to enhance their basics and get a few more foundational moves in West Coast Swing. Dancers entering this class should have taken out WCS 101 class or been dancing West Coast Swing for at least 2 months.
- L103 West Coast Swing -Whips, No Nae Nae Series: Learn Whip Foundations in this WCS Swing class. Students should be proficient with the basic 6 count patterns and foundations of WCS before taking this class. In this class we will work on the various whip styles and talk about additional flavors in WCS.
>WCS Whips 103: Wednesdays @ 7:40p, September 15th-October 27th. (excluding 10/13) https://www.schedulicity.com/scheduling/NYCFGQ/services
- L104 West Coast Swing – Wraps & Rhythm Foundations: Continue learning more vocabulary for your West Coast Swing, expanding your knowledge of patterns and structure. This class will take you from a newcomer level to a novice dancer. Dancers entering this class should have taken our WCS 101 + 102 series at very least. WCS 103 is highly recommended or at least 4 months dancing the dance.
>WCS Wraps 104: Wednesdays @ 8:35p, July 21st-September 1st. (excluding 7/28) https://www.schedulicity.com/scheduling/NYCFGQ/services).
- L201 West Coast Swing – Musicality Series: In this novice level WCS Class, we will focus on musicality. Counting in 16’s and 2’s, syncopation and other ways to grow your WCS through musicality. This class is designed for the dancer already familiar with basic lead/follow skills and WCS’s basic figures. This is a great way to further your knowledge and confidence level in the particular dance(s). Students entering this class level, should have at least 6 months dance experience. This level will allow you to be a comfortable dancer.
- L202 West Coast Swing 202-Find Your Flare: In this class, explore different dimensions and angles in your dancing through learning style techniques. These techniques will give you enhanced patterns also, but will focus on making you a solid connected partner while finding your personal style.
>West Coast Swing 202: To Be Scheduled
- L203 West Coast Swing 203-Advanced Whips: This class is definitely taking you from the novice dancer to the intermediate level dancer. Students in this class should have taken our WCS 201 + 202 classes and/or have 8+ months experience dancing WCS. In this class we will go through advanced style whips.
>West Coast Swing 203: To Be Scheduled
- L204 West Coast Swing 204-Advanced Concepts: This class is definitely taking you from the novice dancer to the intermediate level dancer. Students in this class should have taken our WCS 202 + 203 classes and/or have 8+ months experience dancing WCS.
>West Coast Swing 204: To Be Scheduled
- L102 Twostep – Basic Moves Series: This newcomer class is geared toward the dancer wanting to enhance their basics and get a few more foundational moves in Country Twostep. Dancers entering this class should have taken our Twostep 101 class or been dancing Twostep for at least a month.
>Twostep Basic Moves 102: Tuesdays @ 8:15p, September 7th-October 19th (except 9/21) https://www.schedulicity.com/scheduling/NYCFGQ/services
- L103 Beginner Twostep Series-Not So Basic Moves: Continue the basics of the most popular country western couples dance of all time… the Texas Twostep! You need to have taken levels 101 and 102 to enter this class or obtain teacher permission.
>Twostep Not So Basic Moves 103: To Be Scheduled
- L104 Novice Twostep-Cool Moves Series: Continue honing the basics of the most popular country western couples dance of all time… the Texas Twostep! You need to have taken levels 101 , 102 & 103 to enter this class or obtain teacher permission.
>Twostep Cool Moves 104: To Be Scheduled
We highly recommend you register for your desired 6 week series and pre-pay the entire 6 weeks. NCDS and/or Instructor reserves the right to cancel any course for insufficient enrollment. Drop ins will be subject to teacher placement and are $15 per class. This is to ensure the students enrolled in the entire series are not held up by a student that is behind the rest of the group. For students age 15+. No partner necessary and all classes are LGBT Friendly. Classes will be prorated for late registration as long as the teacher approves your joining the session late.
Other Dance Series Available
- L102 Nightclub Two Step-Basics & Beyond Series: This dance was invented in the mid-1960s by a teenage Buddy Schwimmer, as way of dancing to the popular slow ballads of the time. In addition to a competitive Country Western Dance, it still works beautifully for that purpose. Learn the basics and beyond for this simple dance to slow music
***Entire class schedule, prices and teachers are subject to change without notice. NCDS reserves the right to cancel a class for insufficient enrollment. Share with your friends!
CANCELLATION POLICY: Students must pre-register and pre-pay for 6 week dance series (group classes). There are generally no makeup classes available for missed classes unless we cancel the class for some reason. Once registered for a course your payment/voucher is considered and marked as “redeemed”, unless withdrawn from the session 7 days BEFORE it begins. For students age 15+. No partner necessary and all classes are LGBT Friendly.
Pricing for 6 Week Series:
$75 per person per series
FREE and Reduced Price Class Policy: As a current student that has already taken a 6 week series and enrolled on the next level, you may choose to take the class again for free. If you are not enrolled on the subsequent level, but want to take the course again, you may do so at a reduced price. For example; Student Nancy took West Coast Swing Level 102 last time, and this time she is currently enrolled in West Coast Swing 103, she may take the 102 class again for free (while she is currently enrolled and taking the 103). If she is NOT currently enrolled and taking a more advanced version of the West Coast Swing classes, but wants to take 102 again, she may do so at $30 for the 6 weeks. This policy applies to all 6 week sessions offered.*